An “adjustment,” means the specific manipulation of any joint in the body which has an abnormal movement pattern or fails to function normally. The adjustment can be given by hand or instrument, and consists of introducing movement to the joint areas that are out of alignment or do not move properly in a normal range of motion. Chiropractic is grounded in science and endorsed by research as a safe and effective method of musculoskeletal health care.
Yet, chiropractors are like most healthcare providers — the best ones have a large selection of techniques that they can apply to various different health and fitness issues. The majority of chronic joint problems require more than manipulation alone to correct. Soft tissue structures surrounding an involved joint usually have some component of weakness and tightness or associative functional imbalance that also needs to be addressed.
In a typical injury treatment, Dr. Boyer might:
- Adjust any joints that currently have a limited range of motion or misalignment
- Address your soft tissue (muscles) through manual therapies
- Help you develop strength, flexibility, endurance through a rehabilitative exercise and stretching program
Chiropractic manipulations help by:
- Treating mechanical restrictions (dysfunctional joints)
- Increasing your range of motion
- Eliminating excessive strain on your muscles
- Blocking pain impulses and increasing your comfort level
Additionally, soft tissue work helps in several ways:
- Biomechanical – decreases tissue adhesions/fibrotic scar tissue, muscle lengthening and increases joint range of motion
- Physiological – increases blood flow to the surrounding area and can initiate an increase of relaxation hormones and decrease of stress hormones
- Neurological – reflex stimulation that decreases neuromuscular excitability, pain and muscle tension or spasm and restores muscle strength and stability
Commonly treated conditions:
- Back pain or injury
- Foot pain or injury
- Hip pain or injury
- Iliotibial band syndrome
- Knee pain or injury
- Muscle strain/imbalance
- Neck pain
- Rotator cuff syndromes
- Shin splints
Meet Dr. Luke Boyer, DC
Dr. Boyer is a graduate of Palmer College of Chiropractic West. He practices a patient-centered (one on one) approach to medicine with an emphasis on combining specific treatments. This includes spinal and extremity adjustments with soft tissue treatments to address problems with muscles, tendons, ligaments and nerves for faster recovery. He is experienced with numerous chiropractic techniques and rehabilitation exercises in order to address the many individual needs of patients. He is skilled in the treatment of injuries or movement dysfunction for athletes at all levels of fitness.
My core belief emphasizes the importance of listening to your body not only to treat symptoms, but to discover the root cause of the problem. I find that restoring the normal function of your body’s musculoskeletal system is integral to your recovery process to resolve your injury, improve function and prevent future injuries. Dr. Boyer is a member of the Washington State Chiropractic Association.
Schedule an appointment over the phone with Dr. Luke Boyer, DC by calling 425-677-8403
Visit Luke online: http://lukeboyerdc.weebly.com/
E-mail Luke Boyer: email@example.com.
Please Complete Forms Prior to First Appointment: